Friday, September 23, 2016

Thinking OUTSIDE the box!!

How many of you look at Halloween, Christmas, Easter or other themed papers and think you can only design themed layouts with those papers, stamps and embellishments? You look in the catalog and see the beautiful themed artwork and automatically decide you have no use for that paper!
I am here to say STOP!!
I want you to start by looking at the paper...not the artwork! I want you to see the beautiful color palette, the unique designs on each piece of paper.
 
When I look at this paper, I see vibrant purple, gold, and blue contrasting with white, black and gray. I see lots of creative possibility!! I see a "little monster" birthday,   a "starry night" campout. I see the "very hungry caterpillar"!
If I were to look only at the artwork featured in the catalog, all I would envision is Halloween!

This is true for stamps too!! Look at the Sugar Skull stamp set! Front and center, there is Happy Halloween!  Do you even notice the adorable flowers? Can you even begin to envision the gorgeous border you could make?

I want to show you!! I took the JEEPERS CREEPERS Halloween themed paper from the Holiday Expressions catalog and the Sugar Skull stamp set, and used them to create a bright and beautiful non-Halloween layout! I used the flower spray to create the border along the top of my layout and the other flowers to add embellishments.


I shared this layout on the blog a few days ago, but this was created using the JEEPERS CREEPERS paper and embellishments too! No Halloween here!


Now I want you to try and think outside the box!! Let's see what you can come up with!!

Happy Scrappin' my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment